Viking bike stolen!

8 posts
taylor1993
Options:
Share this post on:

Viking bike stolen!

Postby taylor1993 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:30 am

:evil:

I work as a nanny and on Thursday the 5th of oct my bike got stolen! I normally chain it up at my house but at my work they Have a big gate and high brick wall and put it next to the front door! Someone has come in and grabbed it whilst I was in the house! Please keep a lookout ! It is a off white colour with a brown basket and has leather handles and seat!
It was taken from a house on the northside of Clapham Common!
It was my first day riding it :(
The brand is Viking
Kiche
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Viking bike stolen!

Postby Kiche » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 pm

My sympathies, but you have very little hope of getting it back. Maybe you or your employer may be able to claim on contents insurance of house? As a family we have had five bikes stolen in the last eighteen months. One of the five was stolen from one of my sons at knifepoint by a kid on Bolingbroke Grove. Two very expensive bikes of my husband were cut through the frames of the bike so they could be removed from where they were locked up. The other two were 'secured' with inferior locks that were cut through. Bike theft seems to be something of an epidemic at the moment. Police can't do anything unless you have CCTV footage or a witness.
taylor1993
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby taylor1993 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Thank you, I realise that I probably won't be getting it back but thought I could put a message out in case.
How horrible 5 times!!!
mumbelievable
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mumbelievable » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

a month ago I had my bike stole from the back entrance of Waitrose Southside, lock was cut. Its just too easy to steal and the police have no interest.

In the last year alone, thats the 3rd time we have been victims of crime (we even had lead stolen from our roof in the middle of the night), costing us over £1500. It is just too easy for the thieves and they know it - police are useless in my opinion and the penalties are minimal.
taylor1993
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby taylor1993 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:12 am

Oh no! It's just horrible isn't it! They do know they can get away with it and that's why they keep doing it :(

mtnester
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mtnester » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:43 am

I think this Mayor Sadiq from Tooting deliberately put a useless police commissioner in charge knowing that he can now blame the Conservatives for police cuts.
Wow, that's some twisted thinking. If such Machiavellian motives drive our politicians, then what hope for the rest of us? And do you mistrust Sadiq Khan because he's Labour, from Tooting, or brown?

It is a fact that public spending has been slashed year on year since the financial crash. Resources everywhere are stretched to breaking point. I guess at some point the Met have to decide what takes priority - protecting our lives or our property. Meanwhile we pour money into sorting out the mess that is Brexit.

And btw I'd be interested to know your theories about why Theresa May chose some patently incompetent ministers to be in her cabinet?
lindseyj
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lindseyj » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am

My white ladies Dawes bike with black parcel shelf and literally 3 months old was stolen from Mortlake last week. In my friends house 10 minutes to feed cats. Lock cut and gone. Please keep a look out and if you have been browsing gumtree etc let me know if something come up. It was the cherry on top of a terrible week for me. Thanks all.
taylor1993
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby taylor1993 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 am

Oh that is horrible! I have been going on bikeshd.co.uk
Each day. It posts every second hand bike for sale across eBay and gumtree in london

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.