Two

16 posts
OHRE198
Options:
Share this post on:

Two

Postby OHRE198 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Nine
Last edited by OHRE198 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Views please! Is £15 ph for evening nanny a reasonable rate?

Postby Goldhawk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Seems expensive
Have you considered an aupair?
soph
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby soph » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Most people I know do pay more for their after school nanny. I pay £13 an hour. £15 seems a bit on the high side
gail0810
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gail0810 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm

I would say that’s extremely expensive! I’ve paid my after school nannies £10 ph net before. If they have another job and depending on earnings,!you may also have to pay tax, NI, employers NI on top too if you can’t share her tax code. I would run a mile from someone who flat refuses to negotiate a salary. What else will she be difficult about next?
Jellybeans
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jellybeans » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Hm for a 5 day after school job it would be too much but its only 2 afternoons so obviously she wants to be worth it for her.
If its too much just find someone else ,there are lots of nannies available

Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bodders1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 pm

I would say it is a little on the high side but not vastly so. Bear in mind that after school nannies usually command a couple of £s more per hour than a nanny who is working full days. And good experienced day nannies in this area can command £12/£13 net per hour.
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 am

It's a definite maybe! By that I mean, if they are well qualified and experienced they command a greater rate that those without. Also what are you expecting her to do? If a more active engaged role then that is different to just watching them watch TV.

The other point is that is a 'peak time' for child care and they maybe giving up or choosing between longer hours at a lower rate elsewhere.
moncher12
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby moncher12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm

I have hired a nanny recently at £15 per hour. To me it is money very well spent and I wouldn't balk at it, considering the amount of work they do and how heavily they are relied on - collecting children, bringing them home, making dinner etc.

If you find a nanny you like and her price is higher than you want it to be - you have two options. Pay it and accept it or keep looking.
moncher12
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby moncher12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm

To me childcare is vastly underpaid - people are quick to complain and say how much it costs them but do not give much thought to the amount of work put in along with the huge responsibility, coupled with the fact that the 'help' also have to make a living!

My husband and I have always gone with the most expensive even though it has meant some sacrifices at times. We are very appreciative of child carers and would never dare to post asking if they are 'excessive' to what we think they should deserve. If that's what they charge that's what they charge and rightly so.

Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bodders1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 pm

I couldn't agree more re childcare being underpaid. Nannies have very responsible jobs and it is not unskilled work IMO. It never ceases to amaze me the expectations some local parents have of their nannies/nanny housekeepers v what they are willing to pay.
Jellybeans
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jellybeans » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:42 pm

moncher12 wrote:To me childcare is vastly underpaid - people are quick to complain and say how much it costs them but do not give much thought to the amount of work put in along with the huge responsibility, coupled with the fact that the 'help' also have to make a living!

My husband and I have always gone with the most expensive even though it has meant some sacrifices at times. We are very appreciative of child carers and would never dare to post asking if they are 'excessive' to what we think they should deserve. If that's what they charge that's what they charge and rightly so.

Love this one!! As a nanny thank u!
Recently someone told a nanny friend she cant offer more than £10/ h gross as her job needed more training and nannying doesnt need much skills!
moncher12
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Two

Postby moncher12 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Nanny - you are welcome, I take my hat off to you. Especially dealing with these spoilt types who would hit the roof if they were to be treated like this by their employers.

So tiring to see on here passive aggressive complaints about nannies who have their own kids and need to take them to school so need to drive, asking opinions on whether they are expensive or not as if that were to help them make a decision. It wouldn't it's just people looking to complain.

If you can't afford a fair amount for childcare stay at home or find a solution suitable to your means and don't take it out on nannies.
Ames85
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ames85 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 pm

Well said moncher, agreed nannies and carers are unpaid and overworked!

wandsworth64
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wandsworth64 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:00 am

Hi

I like all the positive points about nannies.I have just started a job and I get pd 11 net an hour and do not think it is enough .I am not happy in my current employment either as she is putting more and more on me every week and being very condescending at times despite me being a mature nanny and being Ofsted registered etc.
tatabella
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby tatabella » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello

I am too a nanny with 20 years of experience plus qualifications.
I like the positive comments about nannies who are hard-working and underpaid. Thank you! It's really difficult to find employment with families who appreciate what we do. How can some people be so patronising and snob about us? Is that good modeling for your children? Fortunately, I work WITH (not FOR, it's a team work bringing a child up and not being bossy!) 2 lovely families who talk and treat me as a human being unlike some folks out there.
I also get paid £15 @ evening time. If you can afford to pay £20000 × year for your child at a private school you surely can pay that £15 knowing that your child is safe and happy!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.