Only zero rated hygiene score in SW12

20 posts
addled
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Only zero rated hygiene score in SW12

Postby addled » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Jen66 wrote:How do the inspections work? Are they spot checks or do they get notice?

I've just read the entire list and there's a place I've stopped going to because I had serious concerns about its cleanliness. the last time I visited there were mice scurrying around the ladies loo...yet I see it's got a 5 rating

Lamberts has a 2 - which surprised me.
Oooh, name please.
Jen66
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jen66 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:59 pm

It's Gazette in Balham that's a great place to eat if you like your food with a side order of rodents.

Although I made a mistake - the Putney one got a 5 rating. The Balham one got 2, which sounds about right.
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby parsleysong » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Not surprising to see the greasy kebab/fried chicken/open air halal butchers getting 0s and 1s but "posh" places too, like Brindisa and Chicken Shop/Dirty Burger in Balham... maybe they named that last one literally. Shows you can't rely on perceptions!

I read (might have been The Times) that once out of the EU restrictions the UK will have more freedom to enforce that all places put the ratings on the door, so hopefully that will happen.
SWpoet
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SWpoet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:09 pm

It's already mandatory to display hygiene ratings in Wales (so whatever The Times thinks, it is not a matter of leaving the EU).
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:52 pm

SWpoet wrote:It's already mandatory to display hygiene ratings in Wales (so whatever The Times thinks, it is not a matter of leaving the EU).
Didn't you know that everything is the EU fault? :lol:

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.