Traffic jam Wandsworth Common caused by deliveries to pub

3 posts
GrumpyDad2
Options:
Share this post on:

Traffic jam Wandsworth Common caused by deliveries to pub

Postby GrumpyDad2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:34 am

Hi Everyone
This has been bugging me for a while and today it happened again!

The pub on Wandsworth Common takes deliveries in rush and the massive lorry that parks outside does so at around 7.30am! This causes gridlock from that junction all the way down to Bolingbroke.

I get fined £40 if I park a few minutes over in a parking bay meant for a car - how come these lorries can block a major road for fifteen minutes in rush hour on a week day?
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Annabel, can you ask the council? This is ridiculous!
TheMagenpies
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Traffic jam Wandsworth Common caused by deliveries to pub

Postby TheMagenpies » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:38 pm

You could email the Manager of The Hope on Bellevue Road https://www.thehopepub.co.uk/ expressing your concerns. Maybe even link to this thread on your email?!

IIRC, there used to be - and maybe still are - at least two decent sized loading bays on Bellevue Road for commercial deliveries. I guess the delivery drivers for The Hope don't want to park legitimately just a wee bit up the road?!

This might be an issue for TFL as, again IIRC, Bellevue Road is a Red Route and where that lorry parks must be more-or-less on top of the bus stop just outside The Hope.
Talkman
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Traffic jam Wandsworth Common caused by deliveries to pub

Postby Talkman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Hope you weren't behind the wheel of your car when you took the photo.
Leave your car at home, go to the pub, have a drink, chat to the manager, see if there's a solution. First world problems eh?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.