recommendations for a kitchen fitter please!

2 posts
i'macowboy
Options:
Share this post on:

recommendations for a kitchen fitter please!

Postby i'macowboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am

We're looking to replace our kitchen (new units, worktops, tiling, floor and decorating) and I'm trying to find someone local, good, not too expensive, not busy for the next 3 months - the holy grail, in other words :) Does anyone have any personal recommendations? It's a fairly small space (3m x 2.5m approx) and plumbing, electrics, etc will stay where they are.

Also, wondering about where to buy the units. Budget isn't huge, but I'm wondering if we can upgrade from Ikea, whose units look good but don't last amazingly well, as we have discovered. Can anyone recommend other manufacturers that don't cost the earth? Thanks in advance!
LG's mama
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: recommendations for a kitchen fitter please!

Postby LG's mama » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:28 am

Hello!

I underwent something similar myself last year so hope my experience can help.

We went to Harvey Jones Northcote Rd for the units & kitchen design help. We had a b good idea of what we wanted and they helped bring it to life.

We then used a firm called Multiserve to help with everything else. HJ will do a dry fit so Multiserve builders came to prep the space before the kitchen was fitted (think moving wiring, plumbing, removal of existing units / tiles / floors etc) and then redo things once the units were done).

HJ were expensive and difficult to work with at times but got the job done to a very high standard. Multiserve had a team of people who would come in as & when needed and were also very good.

We had our worktops supplied by a firm called Stoneworld as we wanted marble ones but both Multiserve and HJ could do this job for you. Hope that helps!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.