Ravenstone Primary

8 posts
Mumoneofeach
Options:
Share this post on:

Ravenstone Primary

Postby Mumoneofeach » Sat May 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi

I'm really excited for my child to attend Ravenstone in the fall but a bit disappointed in their wrap around care. I'm not a fan of my child being taken offsite and its one of the main reasons I loved Rutherford House. That as well as their vast list of clubs (which Ravenstone I believe also lacks). I know they're bringing morning care onboard as of September 2017 - which is amazing. Does anyone know if there are plans or more importantly parental desire to bring the after school care on campus? I assume demographics are the same as RHS since it's down the road (2 working parents etc) . Am I wrong ? Also is there plans to add more clubs? I was surprised at their small amount of choices when compared to other schools in Wandsworth. Any feedback on those topics or other points on Ravenstone as a whole would be appreciated. Thank you.
Mummyinarush
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Ravenstone Primary

Postby Mummyinarush » Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 am

I don't know the answers but we are also starting at Ravenstone in September and would love more clubs and comprehensive onsite wrap around care suitable for Reception and year 1 children.
sd18
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sd18 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:21 am

Following. I didn't look around RHS so I can't compare the two schools. But we're a 2 working parent family with children starting in Reception at Ravenstone in September and I would prefer on site after school care too. Hopefully someone will comment on this thread with info.
headshrinker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby headshrinker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi there

Just to address your concerns, the off-site care is really close to the school so doesn't make a lot of difference. Also, they are hoping to provide on-site provision in the future so that may change soon.

I am not sure where the ideas about lack of clubs come from but there are loads. If you child attends one they can still be collected by the after school care team so needn't miss out. Most clubs finish at 4.30pm so they just collect them then instead. Just to give you an idea of what's on after school there is football, multi-sports, tennis, running, hip-hop dance, drama, musical theatre, choir, science, film club, chess and Spanish (there are others I am sure but can't remember them all!). When your kid is in reception though they find a full day of school tough enough though so too many organised activities after school aren't always the best thing. Also, our PE teacher runs sports camps in the holidays which are ridiculously cheap and a bit of a life-saver for working parents.

Hope that helps! Do come along to our summer festival on July 8th as you can chat in person to parents and staff plus it is just brilliant fun and will make you feel all warm and fuzzy about joining this lovely school.
headshrinker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby headshrinker » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:52 am

Update: there is new on-site wraparound care from September

Details here: https://www.energy-kidz.co.uk/breakfast ... ry-school/

Kat15
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kat15 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Just wondering how the new wrap around care is turning out, and how suitable it is for reception/year 1?
Wandsworthfun
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Wandsworthfun » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 am

We have a child in reception and this was a concern for us. Really happy with the onsite provision. There is a great range of clubs, and the head is open to new requests and suggestions from parents as long as there is demand - two new clubs have just been opened based on parental interest. Energy Kidz seems particularly popular/good with the reception aged kids, and they also do half-term camps. The culture of the school also lends itself well to younger kids in the clubs - they have a 'mentor' assigned from children in years higher up the school, 'lunchtime heroes' who are older kids helping and encouraging the youngest at mealtimes.
headshrinker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby headshrinker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 am

The onsite provision looks good for little ones. Not too crazy, plenty of activities and right next door to their classrooms. Most older kids still using offsite facilities so think this actually makes it nicer for the younger kids.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.