Proposal for five story flats at Jaggard Way (Wandsworth Common)

56 posts
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Proposal for five story flats at Jaggard Way (Wandsworth Common)

Postby Annabel (admin) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 am

Hi
This was given to me by a user - proposal for the development of Jaggard Way (the industrial units behind Wandsworth Common railway station).

The longer document put through letter boxes is attached as a PDF
Flats Jaggard Way.png
Attachments
Jaggard Way Proposed Development.pdf
(903.35 KiB) Downloaded 608 times
LoveShoes
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Proposal for five story flats at Jaggard Way (Wandsworth Common)

Postby LoveShoes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Hmm - the 5 storey building looks huge and as though it will dwarf the surrounding houses. Was there anything about parking as that looks like alot of new flats, people and cars?
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

The parking is detailed in the link. 20 spaces for four blocks along with 142 cycle bays?! I think they fail to see and understand how many people have cars.
One of the blocks will be six stories high and the other three four stories. I just can't work out where it will go?!!
tomarms
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby tomarms » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Wandsworth Lib Dems are this weekend launching a campaign against the Jaggard Way proposed development
LoveShoes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LoveShoes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Yes a Libdem leaflet has just popped through my letterbox. Have taken pic and hopefully attached!
Attachments
IMG_9143.JPG
IMG_9142.JPG

273metres
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 273metres » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 am

Does anyone have a links for or planning application number for objections to be logged?
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 am

I think it looks great, maybe one storey lower but all in all, I probably wouldn't object.
Kaboom123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kaboom123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 am

There are 20 parking bays proposed with 8 of those reserved for disabled - so leaving 12 bays for a total of 86 flats many with 2 or 3 beds.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am

Kaboom123 wrote:There are 20 parking bays proposed with 8 of those reserved for disabled - so leaving 12 bays for a total of 86 flats many with 2 or 3 beds.
Oh dear - looks like a net deficit of at something like 50 parking spaces assuming not everyone will have a car (but a couple might have two) .adding more misery to the Wexford Road residents.

Also where will visitors park, or tradesman's vans? Indeed if the car-less residents cannot drive to the supermarket but get all their shopping delivered...where will the Tesco and Sainsbury's vans park?

Encouraging people out of car ownership (has it's obvious plus points I agree) or forcing them out?

mealsonwheels
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mealsonwheels » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Just shows the complete disregard of Wandsworth Council right now. They are proposing to demolish the Northcote Road library and Chatham Hall and build similar flats but with NO Parking. Total ridiculousness. Feel so sad about Wandsworth Common station, it is so tranquil and lovely. Wandsworth Council will totally spoil that. What are the Conservatives doing right now? Proving to be very unpopular. Think they should stop their building on anything project soon.

Maybe they should knock down the Council offices and build a sky scraper there instead. :lol:
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 pm

I agree!

One of the charms of that area is that Wandsworth Common Station is so quiet and peaceful it doesn't feel that it it is in London at all - much less only 3 miles from Buckingham Palace as the crow flies!

It feels like a sleepy country "halt" and I half expect Will Hay to appear dressed as a 1930s station master....long may it continue like that :D
actuallyadad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Great- we need some more local housing!

Amazing how people object to anything - even building on brownfield land next to a railway line. it's hardly like it's an area of outstanding natural beauty!
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

actuallyadad wrote:Great- we need some more local housing!

Amazing how people object to anything - even building on brownfield land next to a railway line. it's hardly like it's an area of outstanding natural beauty!
Agree!
The only issue I have with this development is the lack of parking.Considering that the residents will not be able to park in the street I don't think that 20 parking spaces are acceptable for 80 apartments!

actuallyadad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm

That flyer is hilarious by the way

"Jaggard Way UNDER THREAT"

really it should say:

"Industrial wasteland of a few garages and some warehouses next to a railway line UNDER THREAT of being developed into smart modern flats"

Sounds very dramatic.

Agree re parking, but I guess they think not everybody will have a car as it's by the station
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:11 pm

actuallyadad wrote:That flyer is hilarious by the way

"Jaggard Way UNDER THREAT"

really it should say:

"Industrial wasteland of a few garages and some warehouses next to a railway line UNDER THREAT of being developed into smart modern flats"

Sounds very dramatic.

Agree re parking, but I guess they think not everybody will have a car as it's by the station
Few years ago was manly singles or young couples that use to buy apartments and not having a car was not an issue.It is not the case anymore.The council need to understand this and stop approving any development that doesn't offer sufficient parking space.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.