Balham Police Update

1 post
MPSBatterseaSgt
Share this post on:

Balham Police Update

Postby MPSBatterseaSgt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Dear all,

Not as substantial as last week!

Since my email to you last week I’m pleased to report that burglaries have returned to more manageable levels. We had no burglaries for the remainder of last week.

Enquiries are still ongoing around the linked flat burglaries that I emailed you about last week and I will let you know if there are any significant updates.

Remember that Sandip will be at Sainsbury’s at 147 - 151 Balham High Road between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 10th of October running a Burglary Prevention Roadshow. I won’t be there but if you are out and about in Balham, please do pop round and take the time to speak to him. There will be bike marking there too. I recently had my three bikes security marked (and those of my family) and I couldn’t recommend it enough.

Some bad news:

PCSO Rose Guiver has resigned form the Metropolitan Police Service and will be leaving us on the 22nd of October to start a new life with her family in the Midlands. Rose has been a stalwart over the last few years and a familiar sight in Balham, she will most certainly be missed by us, the Met and, no doubt, the community of Balham.

I will be leaving the Balham team on the 26th of October and moving over to take up the reins on the Queenstown team. Acting Police Sergeant Warren Dempster will be stepping into my shoes. Warren is an accomplished officer having previously led the St Mary’s Park team and assisted Sgt Rajan wit the Latchmere team. I have yet to handover to Warren, but regular communications with you will form an important part of that discussion.

Kind regards,

Nathan
Nathan Shickle - Sergeant - 13WW - Lavender Hill Police Station - 0208 247 8691 - nathan.shickle@met.police.uk

Peelian Principle #7 "...the police are the public and the public are the police".

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.