Amazing Driving Instructor

9 posts
ngcbattersea1
Options:
Share this post on:

Amazing Driving Instructor

Postby ngcbattersea1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:45 pm

I have never posted on the Nappy Valley website before, but I am a regular follower of the site and am inspired to make my first post!

As an American living in London for more than ten years, I thought it was finally time to move on from public transport and tackle my UK driving test. As an extremely busy working mom, getting the right driving instructor was the key to tackling this time-consuming and somewhat difficult project. I made extensive searches for driving instructors online, only to sadly have a bad experience with a national driving instruction company who repeatedly offered instructors with very little driving experience and no ability to teach.

At that point, I felt somewhat defeated, knowing the clock was ticking and that I would need to find a new instructor quickly in order not to have to take my written test again and be back at square one.

Luckily, I then searched the Nappy Valley website, and found Claire Jones who was frequently listed with glowing recommendations. I got in touch with her and we began our driving lessons last autumn. Although I have been a US licensed driver since 1986, I was surprised at how much I still had to learn in order to drive successfully in the UK. With Claire's help, I overcame my fear of zebra stripes, bus lanes, and crazy roundabouts. She was always extremely patient and gave me the confidence to drive in inner city London where the traffic rules (and bicycles) are often unpredictable and interesting! Claire was excellent company too and I enjoyed our chats along the road.

With Claire's help and encouragement, I successfully passed my driving test on my first attempt. I can now take my son to Legoland (yippee!) and have the much-needed freedom to explore the UK without being dependent on trains and buses.

If you are looking for a driving instructor, please do get in touch with Claire on 0752 546 4708 and tell her Nicole sent you!

Nicole
Battersea Mom
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Amazing Driving Instructor

Postby Annabel (admin) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:01 pm

We love Claire - delighted you found her and she helped!
Mdp216
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mdp216 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

This is great! Just saw this in my feed. I moved from the US 4 months ago and have child #2 on the way and was planning on getting the courage to drive on the wrong side of the street. Being a confident NYC driver in the US, I think I need an instructor to help me in the UK.

I'll give a claire a call.

Thanks!
Roxy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Roxy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:58 pm

I'm another fellow American currently taking driving lessons from the fabulous Claire Jones and I too can attest to her patience and skill and making one feel confident about driving. I have driven since I was 15 in Los Angeles, and after nearly 7 years of living in London, it was high time I conquer the "other side of the road" in a manual!

Please please please book Claire, she is amazing!

Roxy
Heavens to Betsy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Heavens to Betsy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:32 am

My Son is trying to find a driving instructor and it appears that Claire (not surprisingly) is booked up until April now.

Any other recommendations ?

many thanks

Scoopy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scoopy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:43 pm

I am going to add to the rave reviews for Claire. I passed today with 1 minor after re-learning (I last took my test many, many, many years ago) with Claire.

Claire is a fantastic teacher and I cannot speak too highly of her. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her so give her a call. I understand she is only stacked out until April in the evening/weekends. Even so, she is definitely worth waiting for!
Hyde Ranger
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Hyde Ranger » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Does Claire teach manual or automatic (looking for the latter)?
Scoopy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scoopy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Manual
Veran73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Veran73 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am

Hey guys!! I am looking for a professional Port Macquarie Driving School for my daughter. She knows most of the driving lessons but she is willing to participate in car racing competition in August. So I want her to get professional training for automatic driving. Please help by sharing your suggestion for best Driving School!!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.