Northcote Road fete - thank you...!!!

5 posts
jonathan @ hamptons
Options:
Share this post on:

Northcote Road fete - thank you...!!!

Postby jonathan @ hamptons » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:15 pm

What a wonderful weekend for Nappy Valley...!!!

When we started setting up the fete at 05.45 on Sunday the skies were full of dark clouds and we were dreading the prospect of a washout. There was absolutely no need to worry however as the clouds cleared, the stalls were set up and the public arrived.

I’ve had so many positive comments since the weekend from existing shops, visiting traders, residents and members of the general public. If anything the cooler weather seemed to keep people out for longer and it certainly seemed that there was a steady stream of visitors throughout the day.

Special thanks must go out to our major sponsor John Thorogood and premium supporters Simply Lofts and Estbury Basements without whose donations the event would simply not happen. Thanks also to Annabel at nappyvalleynet and of course our great friends at Run Wild media, publishers of SouthWest Resident magazine. As ever, the event could never take place without the continued support of Wandsworth Council.

It was a great day for charities too, one of our favourite local charities Ickle Pickles raised just over £1,400 and Bob Dove managed to relieve you all of £450 for the RAF Benevolent Fund with the enormous truck outside his shop becoming a major attraction.

There are so many people to thank so please forgive me if I’ve left you out, we have many photos of the day which we will post on dropbox once someone shows me how!!

Once again, thank you all for making it a wonderful day for all concerned.

Jonathan

Hamptons International
98 - 100 Northcote Road
020 7924 2170
2009Kat
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Northcote Road fete - thank you...!!!

Postby 2009Kat » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Actually Jonathan THANK YOU! And all the other organisers and sponsors. My family and I had a brilliant day out. My only complaint is that as my children are very small I didn't get time to explore the stalls properly as the rides were more interesting to them!
tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby tooposhtopush » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:01 am

Hear hear - it was a totally fabulous day out!

Many thanks to everyone for all of their hard work :D
CitySlicker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CitySlicker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:34 am

I second that, it was even better than last year. Really enjoyed it, thanks for all the work you all did to get it off the ground. Here's to next year.
mlm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mlm » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks to all the organisers. It was a really spectacular day. My family and I loved it (again). Looking forward to next year already.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.