Double Lock At Night!

2 posts
Caferacer
Options:
Share this post on:

Double Lock At Night!

Postby Caferacer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't want to be a scaremonger but a friend of mine living off of Burntwood Lane had an unwanted 'visit' a few months ago.

Basically they left their front door only locked by the Yale lock overnight.

They did not lock the front door by the deadlock because their son was out partying and they weren't sure if he had a full set of keys.

You probably have guessed what happened next - some opportunist burglar opened the Yale lock ( this is very, very easy to do if you know how - a child could do it ) and whilst they slept upstairs helped themselves to a couple of laptops, cameras, phones etc - and a handbag in the kitchen contaioning a purse... and car keys.

The happy burglar now had a car to get him home too! It was stolen and wasn't found for months...it contained a number of important work files.. :cry:

Moral:

ALWAYS deadlock your front door at night

If you are in the garden or upstairs or watching TV at the front of the house - deadlock the door just in case! An opprtunist thief could wander in and silently steal anything...or worse! :o
Caferacer
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Double Lock At Night!

Postby Caferacer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:06 am

Somebody pointed out that I'm a bit late in posting this.

Well the advice is relevant now and has been since Yale locks became common 60 years ago - the thieves are always out there!

Secondly I only found out about the burglary today otherwise I would have posted earlier.

I'm not trying to frighten people about a recent crime wave - opportunistic burglars will always be visiting our streets looking for weak spots - just be careful!

Ross

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.