Anyone fancy cooking us Christmas dinner!?

10 posts
Minnie
Options:
Share this post on:

Anyone fancy cooking us Christmas dinner!?

Postby Minnie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:38 pm

I'd love nothing more than to enjoy the day spending it with my family. Taking the out on their new bikes and really enjoying some family time.

Sadly the Christmas dinner gets in the way!

We're still not at that point of enjoying a nice meal out but would love it if we could find someone who would come around and cook the dinner!

Anyone fancy it!?
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Anyone fancy cooking us Christmas dinner!?

Postby dudette » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 am

If you don't get any takers, you could always follow the Royals (and much of Europe) and have your big dinner on Christmas Eve, and then just stock up on ready meals from M&S, Cook, Jamie Oliver etc for the Big Day.
Minnie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Minnie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am

Oooo, that's not a bad idea although do like the tradition.

Anyone!?
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nims » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:23 am

In our family, we split up the dinner between us so that one person doesn't have to do everything...

This year we are going to my sister's house for Christmas, my mum is providing the turkey, stuffing etc... my dad is providing the booze, our family are making the puddings (including mince pies), my brother's family will be providing something but can't remember what.

So instead of you doing the Christmas dinner, why not get different members of your family to bring / make something and have that as one big meal?

I'm sure I can make extra mince pies and give you some spare if you like!
Hellokitty
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Hellokitty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I buy my Xmas meal from Cook! We did it last year and the food was fantastic and really easy to prepare. Just remember to defrost the turkey, peel off the lids and pop in the oven. I got to spend time with the kids opening presents etc and actually enjoying the experience! I didn't even hide the packaging as my Mum thought it was a great idea and wished the likes of Cook had a existed when she was younger!

Good luck!

Jen66
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jen66 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:28 pm

that's interesting Holly. I usually 'cheat' with a few M&S pre-prepared dishes but would you rate Cook above M&S?
ellesmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ellesmum » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 pm

It's all in the prep! Cook the turkey, slowly, overnight. Cover it in bacon, and by the time you get up in the morning, there are bacon sandwiches ready to go! ;) Make Yorkshire puddings in advance and freeze them. They take a couple of minutes to heat up. Peel potatoes the night before and you can even boil them and stick them in the fridge ready to pop into hot fat the next day if you want. I make up the stuffing the night before ready to pop in the oven the next morning, and then cheat with frozen vegetables! The thought of it is always far worse than actually doing it! It's just a roast dinner and can pretty much be left to do it's own thing :)
Pud1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pud1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Cook is infinitely better. You can get the whole thing there and can order in advance. Delicious!
The Flavour Kitchen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby The Flavour Kitchen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi

I have my own catering company, The Flavour Kitchen, and would be happy to provide some assistance with any Christmas food prep work in the run up to Christmas.

Here are just some of the services I can offer:

Food shopping and food ordering

Prep Christmas lunch accompaniments as well as the bird (or joint of meat) itself e.g. stuffing, vegetables, potatoes and sauces and deliver for final cooking on Christmas day. I can also make and deliver delicious starters for your Christmas lunch (e.g. luxurious soups, savoury tarts and mousses, twice baked souffles...).

Cook and deliver seasonal treats e.g. mince-pies, cranberry sauce, chocolate yule logs

Cook and deliver party food in the run up to Christmas and New Year e.g. canapes, dinner parties etc

Please do get in touch if you would like some help!

Sinead

http://www.the-flavour-kitchen.com
hello@the-flavour-kitchen.com
07766 820 696

Bee's Pantry
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bee's Pantry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Minnie

I sent you an email on Monday with some thoughts on how we could get round your cooking needs and desire to spend time with your children on Christmas Day.

As mentioned, I'm happy to come and cook at your house or help you to prepare for the day. Do give me a call.

Best,

Briony
Bee's Pantry
www.beespantry.com
07521 730 965

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.