The industrial trend is not going away, with exposed brick walls, stainless-steel worktops and pendant lights (even better if the filament bulb is a feature) still popular.
Bold colour and under-shelf lighting were made for this room, so be brave. Also trending for 2016 is modern Shaker style and minimal matt-white cabinetry.
1. The bright blue pendant lights and Smeg fridge pop in this neutral, modern Shaker style from .
2. Zesty green accents contrast with clever shelf lighting from Good London Builders.
3. Stylish, minimalist matt-grey cupboards complement Kitchen Connection’s concrete island worktop.
4. Lifestyle Design & Build have mastered the industrial/modern combination with this kitchen, incorporating exposed brickwork and clean, white cupboards.
5. Extending your island to the full length of the room by adding a dining counter on the end saves space elsewhere, as cleverly designed by Eclectic Interiors.