10. WALLPAPER OR PAINT A FEATURE WALL. IT’S QUICK, INEXPENSIVE AND IT’LL MAKE THE ROOM SING WITHOUT OVERHAULING THE ENTIRE SPACE.
11. Remember that front door you repainted? Well, don’t forget the internal ones. New matching door handles on freshly painted doors will transform their look and feel. Ditto socket fronts and switches.
12. BLINDS AND SHUTTERS ADD TEXTURE, COLOUR AND PATTERN. THEY ALSO MAKE A GREAT BACKDROP FOR ANY GONE WITH THE WIND ROLE PLAYS.
13. Hallways, stairwells and landings are where potential buyers spend most of their time so prioritise them and repaint. A palette of greys is contemporary and chic. Get rid of any cracks, bumps and peeling paper.
14. No time or budget to replace your kitchen? Repaint units or replace doors and handles. You’ll get the champagne buzz of a brand-new kitchen for supermarket-beer money.
15. Any brown wooden furniture gets an instant “shabby chic” hit by using Annie Sloane chalk paint. It’s a quick and effective way to transform unfashionable or tired-looking pieces of furniture. Repaint white shelves to match the walls; darker shades make your books stand out. They look even better organised by colour.