Anyone had a Party at Tooting Leisure centre?

7 posts
hjm
Options:
Share this post on:

Anyone had a Party at Tooting Leisure centre?

Postby hjm » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:04 pm

We are looking at venues for my daughter's 5th birthday. Has anyone hosted/ been to a party at Tooting Leisure Centre? They do a party with a bouncy castle and games led by a party supervisor for a reasonable price, which sounds great as long as the supervisors are good. My concern is that I'll get a Saturday kid with no enthusiasm. Just looking for a bit of assurance that the staff are ok.
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Anyone had a Party at Tooting Leisure centre?

Postby windmill26 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi,we never had a party there but we stopped going because they had a huge cockroach infestation. I would recommend the Aspire Centre on Merton Road,my child has been to a few parties there and they were well organised.
hjm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby hjm » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Eek thanks for telling me! I will look at that instead.

How about WAndle Rec. Anyone know what the entertainers are like there?
Joeyanna
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Joeyanna » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:35 pm

We had a party there a couple of months ago and it was great. We had a bouncy castle which was huge, two badminton courts to house everyone, two supervisors who did some face painting and organised party games. Admittedly they needed a nudge but once they got going were brilliant. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again........... Oh and no cockroaches in sight!
busyworkingmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby busyworkingmum » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 am

We held my son's party there a couple of years ago and ended up getting some of our money back. The assistants were not that enthusiastic and struggled to get the kids to engage in the party games. I always had to suggest what should be done next as the assistants were not really doing much. We only had one assistant for the majority of the party as the 2nd assistant was really late. People were still playing on the squash courts 5 mins to the party and nothing was set up, The kids enjoyed the bouncy castle though and we didn't spot any cockroaches. Like I said this was a couple of years ago, so things may have changed since then.

shaneleone
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby shaneleone » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:42 am

We've been to a few parties there that my son has LOVED. No cockroaches in sight, but I would agree that the assistant's enthusiasm was a little lacklustre. Still the kids loved the face painting, even if the games were just a little flat. But the bouncy castle is huge and you don't have to worry about the weather, and my son has had a ball each time we've gone.
lawrence
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lawrence » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:38 am

Hi I had to reply to this,I had the exact same penalty few years back which is unfair ,but please contact the manager he can wave ticket for you explain that you were using the facilities ets and you will be fine ,do not pay fine this people are rip off but manger can 100% wave the ticket
Good luck
B

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.