Childcare Options

3 posts
cattybc
Options:
Share this post on:

Childcare Options

Postby cattybc » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:15 pm

Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice! We're moving over from Dublin for one year for work to SW London in August with my then 2 year old and 3 and a half year old. (Turning four in October). We're hoping to move to the Balham area but it seems a little early to get accom but I presume (like Dublin) that childcare places are hard to get. Does anyone have any recommnedations on a good nursery? I presume my daughter will go to preschool..do most nurseries offer this? Any advice in general or specifically about a nursery would be really great? I presume she would be too young to go to school but do any schools offer a preschool year? Thanks in advance!!
N-Sw11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Childcare Options

Postby N-Sw11 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:59 pm

Hi, I can highly recommend Nightingale Montessori Nurseries. One closer to Balham is On Ramsden Road has a huge garden, Kots if extra curricular activities abd Forest School. The teachers are very well trained and low turn around of staff. My baby will go there when he is nursery age. I am sure a zoom show around can be arranged and might have ability from September..They can attended in the same setting by their ages (probably two different rooms) Can get government funding to cover some of the costs.
If decide on a non private setting, for your 4 year old then some state schools have pre school/nurseries.
cattyb
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Childcare Options

Postby cattyb » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:00 pm

Thanks so much for this. I really appreciate the info! I'll have a look into those and get their names on list. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.