Nightingale Lane new development? Former Audiology House

5 posts
dahokolomoki
Options:
Share this post on:

Nightingale Lane new development? Former Audiology House

Postby dahokolomoki » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:15 pm

I just saw recently some boards going up while driving down Nightingale Lane. Just after the petrol station, but before the turnoff to Ramsden Road.

Did a bit of digging, looks like it used to be called Audiology House, a business producing hearing aids and things, and now they're turning the building into new apartments and building new houses on the land behind. Planning permission 2015/7245.

Peeping through the boards, it looks like demolition and strip out is taking place. Anyone know more about the development? Or the development company?

I might be looking to purchase a property next year so would be interested to find out more about what they're building!
balhambloke
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nightingale Lane new development? Former Audiology House

Postby balhambloke » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:03 am

The Design and Access statement on the council website should give you the layout. From memory, I think it's approx 13 flats and 3 houses.

I'm on the boundary and the development has been very aggressive so far - to the initial plans which were scaled back considerably, to the commencement of the work without any communication with residents. Add to this, a very sneakily worded communication more recently on party wall agreements. Many unhappy residents in the area!

Regarding the opportunity to buy a property, I haven't seen them online anywhere yet.
dahokolomoki
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dahokolomoki » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:58 pm

yup, it does look like the main Audiology house is being converted into flats, and 3 houses being built where the warehouses at the back are.

I guess it was always inevitable that a plot of industrial/commercial land in the middle of a residential area would at some point be turned into housing, hopefully it is done well!
saraking42
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby saraking42 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:53 am

Hi
I live in Wimbledon and have friends around this area who have children at Oliver House School and Beatrix Potter in Earlsfield. I walk my dog on both Commons.

We've recently been appointed to market this development. The developer will be creating 14 luxury apartments and 3 mews houses within a courtyard setting on this site. I've seen provisional plans and its stunning. The front fascia of Audiology House will be kept and the architect has added glass windows - floor to ceiling height to the additional apartments.

Local based Savills is the sales agent.

The hoarding will be up at end July to early August. The scheme is due to be finished at end September 2018/early 2019.

If you have any further questions please let me know.
claphamhistorian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claphamhistorian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 pm

I would like to make contact with the owner/agent to discuss the possibility of the Clapham Society putting one of its series of plaques on Audiology House to commenorate its history. Could anyone tell me whom I should contact and give me an address

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.