zinc roof?

4 posts
papillonmaman
Options:
Share this post on:

zinc roof?

Postby papillonmaman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 pm

We've 'inherited' a rear extension with a dodgy roof. It's sloping with too low a pitch meaning that water isn't draining as fast as it should causing water ingress.

We've done quick fixes but now has come the time to look at a more permanent solution.

We're thinking of having a zinc roof. Has anyone had a zinc roof and anything good or bad to say about them? Does anyone know about them? or know of any architect who has worked with them (we would like to get an architect's advice on the matter)? Also does anyone have any recommendations for roofing companies working with zinc? We've done some internet research but would welcome any personal recommendation.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
birkenstok
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: zinc roof?

Postby birkenstok » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 am

Hi Papillonmaman,
We are in a similar situation with our low-pitch roof (roofers are suggesting glass fibre which is pretty ugly IMO).
I was wondering if you have proceeded with the zinc roof after all (or what solution?) and if you had any recommendation of roofer who if working with it?
Many thanks!
metoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby metoo » Thu May 10, 2018 1:57 pm

We have a zinc roof - it's lovely, so neat and efficient!
The architect was Stala Antoniades.
Her website is down at the moment for updating but her email is
stala@stalaantoniades.co.uk
I met her through NCT
aurahomes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby aurahomes » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi birkenstok.

We were on the Ask An Expert feature at the Grand Designs LIVE exhibition last week at London Excel and met a supplier called TATA Steel. They sell a really neat and simple Standing Seam Roofing system in many colours that look identical to a zinc standing seam roof but will last up to 40 years and clicks in to place. Link here for images:

https://www.tatasteelconstruction.com/e ... rban-SeamĀ®

If you contact Amanda.hinks-edwards@tatasteeleurope.com (07817557753) she will be able to recommend an installer.

Unfortunately I don't know a roofer that would be able to come in for this specific task but if I think of one ill let you know.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.