Energy overpaying- knocking on door

3 posts
cuqui03
Options:
Share this post on:

Energy overpaying- knocking on door

Postby cuqui03 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello! Was wondering if someone has been approached home bu a young girl talking enegy prices. She knocked the door and wne I enquired what was it about she almost did not want to say anything. Was a really inconvinient time with baby crying but she kept insisting and also asked my name which I did not give her. She pushed to come abck and mentioned sonething about overpaying for energy. I sent her away but saw her later that day collecting names at a neighbour elderly house.
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Energy overpaying- knocking on door

Postby Vhopeful » Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 pm

We had the same about 2 weeks ago, but there was a young guy with the girl. They mentioned something about over paying for energy but I sent them off. They then came back to my neighbours a few hours later, they did say they worked for money saving.com or something like that didn’t really pay much attention.
sarsfeld
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Energy overpaying- knocking on door

Postby sarsfeld » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 am

Also had the same, young guy saying he could save me £700 a year. They were from Money Expert not the website Money Saving Expert. Checked online and they basically work for a bunch of smaller gas/electricity suppliers and therefore trying to get you to go with one of them. The general consensus was don't sign with them, do your own legwork and check online yourself to save money.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.