Options:
Share this post on:

Gas lighting - emotional abuse

Postby SW12Pops » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello
I wanted to post a link to this article on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42460315

the reason is that there is a quote
The women, he says, approached relationships like they did their careers. With a checklist of qualities, often from relationships depicted in films, and high expectations.

They wanted stimulating conversation peppered with attentive charm and humour. They were also looking for men who could match them in their success - men with impressive careers who also owned property and had financial security.

I've had a few friends who've falled into this trap and although I would never say that they've been abused - they have ended up in some pretty unhappy marriages.

Anyway I thought it was useful to share.
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Gas lighting - emotional abuse

Postby juliantenniscoach » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm

That's a tall order though. For starters he's got 4 arms and legs and no.............. :shock:
twingirlsmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby twingirlsmama » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:42 am

haha Julian - perhaps able to be the giver of a more fulfilling relationship?!?
Jellie75
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jellie75 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 pm

@Julian that did make me :lol:

But on a serious note, this is exactly what my soon to be ex-husband did/tries to do to me. It resulted in me thinking I had serious issues (a borderline personality disorder, no less!) which led to a year of therapy to realise this was happening, believe in myself again and have the confidence to start divorce proceedings. I don’t believe I had ideas of a perfect relationship based on films/fiction etc tho - only those that I see to be successful amongst my social circle, which I’m quite aware are not always perfect.

Thank you for sharing this article.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.